Careers: Police/Summary Offense

Question
Basically I am trying to become a PA state trooper and am currently enrolled in a bachelors degree at Indiana Univesity of PA. Last february, I let my roommate borrow my parking pass, and she made a copy of it. I did not initially know about this, but later found out she did it. Eventually she got caught and I was charged with a summary offense od disorderly conduct. I wanted to know if a summary offense is even considered a crime, and how bad that hurts my chances on my application because I will be applying in May.
         Thank You,
         Justin

Answer
Justin,

How the hell is an incident over a parking pass considered disorderly conduct?  

I am sure that you know that I don't have a crystal ball and can't possibly know what your prospects are in being hired by the state police because I don't know anything more about you.

Keep in mind that they probably have thousands of applicants from all over the state and from elsewhere.  From that gigantic pool they need to select no more than 100 or 200 to make up two or three recruit classes for the coming year.  Without the parking pass incident your chances are not great in the first place just based on the odds.  In no way am I suggesting that you are unfit candidate for law enforcement.

The best that I can do for you is to tell you that the parking pass thing probably won't hurt you (unless they consider it a truthfulness issue) but it won't help you.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey