Careers: Police/medical

Question
When I was younger I went to mental hospital for suicide but I did not attempt suicide I went because I scratched my wrists lightly to gain admittance on my own accord because I was homeless and didn't know where to go I didn't know where shelters where in that area and I did not have a way to get there either.Anyway they released me early for this reason.Will they ask me this on 2nd police application and if so must I tell them because I will take a polygraph.I already got approved for written exam.

Answer
Thomas,

I don't know what "they" will ask you because there are over ten thousand police departments in this country and each has its own rules and hiring process.

Assuming that they do ask you if you have been treated for a mental illness you would have to be truthful or you will fail the polygraph.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey