Careers: Police/Background

First I want to say thank you in advance for your time.

So I have applied to numerous police departments and have been fingerprinted/polygraphed as part of my background multiple departments.

I am currently undergoing another police process and am completing the background questionnaire. It states to list any past polygraphs I have taken as well as list departments that I have previously applied to (how far are made it through the process).

I cannot remember all the departments I have applied to nor which departments specifically I have polygraphed with (I have been applying on and off for many years). I will list the one's I definitively know. My question is with the current department and will there background on me reveal all departments for which I have applied to and polygraphed with? A friend of mine stated that I would be disqualified as a fingerprint inquiry would reveal all past departments that have ran my prints for employment purposes. Thus, the current department would view it as me handing in an incomplete background packet.

Sorry for the delay, spamblocker ate your question LOL.

List the ones you know for sure.  It is highly doubtful that a fingerprint run will show every single agency you ever applied for.   

Just add in the section that asks about other applications a short blurb that you have applied to 'several' other agencies that you cannot recall at the moment, but if you do you will update your application with that information.  That way you are being honest (you are) and it doesn't look like you are hiding stuff on purpose.

Best of luck!

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill

General Maryland Law Enforcement, Maryland Law & Traffic Law, the Court System. How to start the process to become a Police Officer, different Police careers, the Interview process, General Police career questions

18 Years experience as a local and Federal Police officer. In addition to working "the road", I've worked as an Academy Instructor, Law Digest Compiler for Police Department, Community Policing coordinator, Department Gang officer, Bike Patrol Officer, and Advanced Accident Investigator. I've also served on the SWAT/SRT team, and currently work for the Department of Army Police (Federal Civilian) at Fort Detrick, Frederick Md, as a Sergeant. I'm Certified as a Police and Emergency Medical dispatcher through the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch.

Police Marksman Association Fraternal Order of Police

South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Prince Georges County Maryland Municipal Police Academy, Western Maryland Police Academy
Radar, Portable Breath Test, PR-24 Police Baton, ASP, Police Mountain Bike Certified. Maryland Police Training Commission Basic Instructor Certified. CALEA Certified Field Training Officer (FTO), Advanced Criminal Investigator School, Advanced Crash Investigator School, National Academies of Emergency Dispatch Certified Emergency Police Dispatch, Emergency Medical Dispatch, Emergency Telecommunications Operator.

Police Officer of the Year, Prince Georges County Municipal Police Chiefs Association (1995).
City of District Heights Police Officer of the Year, 1995.
Distinguished Service Cross for Valor, 1995 (National Association Chiefs of Police).