Careers: Police/Background investigation/psych evaluation

So I have a couple questions I am undergoing a background check currently and am worried about some seemingly small stupid stuff I did when I was younger!!

1. I got suspended in high school freshman year so 13 years ago for giving my prescription of acne pills to a friend she in return sold it as Vicodin which of course it wasn't. Would this be a big deal to an investigator?

2. When I was 18 and stupid I let some things go to collections which was about 8 years ago since the age of 20 ( now I'm 26) nothing has gone to collections and I am very responsible

3. I got married at 18 stupidly and foolishly and got divorced by 20. Not even sure this matters.

Also I am currently on a anti depressant for post parting depression after
Having my daughter I really don't probably need them anymore but wondering if this would kick me out of psych evaluation?  

I was completely honest with the BI on my case and I have my associates in criminal justice and have maintained good solid employment with the same company the last 7 years. With everything said do you think I'm a good candidate for becoming an emergency dispatcher?!

Also I'm on week four of this background investigation and am wondering what is the average amount of time it takes to finish a background.

It's impossible to give you a "yes" or "no" answer since I have no idea what the hiring standards and rules are for the department that you are applying to.

Every police department in the country has different standards.

The best that I can do for you is to tell you that none of the things that you have mentioned will help you.  On the other hand they may not hurt your chances.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey

If you are an author I will be happy to help you however I do expect a reasonable donation using the PayPal icon. U.S.: I am an expert in this category for the purpose of giving young people an idea what the hiring process involves for the position of police officer. I am getting a flood of questions from young people who are being influenced by unrealistic television shows. I'd ask you to consider that when you watch police shows on television that they are NOT realistic and most of what you see does not happen in real life. Please do not ask me about potential jail sentences that you, your friends, or family might receive in court. There is no way for me to know that. I am NOT a probation officer so I cannot answer questions about probation and parole matters. I am a retired police officer with 26 years experience.I worked in a variety of assignments including investigations, homicide, sex crimes, runaway investigations, missing persons, and fraud.I also dealt with the general public during that time giving a wide range of advice on matters such as domestic disputes, problem solving, teenage problems, civil/criminal matters, and dealing with the mentally ill. I am available to give sound and reasonable advice which can solve most problems. Please do not ask me to do homework questions or online interviews. Young people should not rely on the Internet for interviews. Local police officers are normally very agreeable to assist students with interviews and surveys.

Worked as a police officer/detective for 26 years.

Graduate of the University of Maryland.B.S. in Law Enforcement.Attended numerous schools and training courses involving investigations, interviewing, interrogations, crime detection, domestic violence, and others. Recognized in court as an expert witness.

Received numerous awards during my police career for expert investigations. Handled the most sensitive and confidential investigations. In 1999 I won an award for my work with high school students while working in my new career in a large suburban high school.

B.S from the University of Maryland.