Careers: Police/will a good person like myself get disqualified?

QUESTION: Can I be disqualified from law enforcement for filing a lawsuit on a previous employer for harassment?

ANSWER: Chris:

No, you shouldn't be, unless it was adjudged to be done for malicious reasons like harrassement, etc.   Otherwise it shouldn't matter.  

Best of luck!

QUESTION: I also resigned in good standing from previous law enforcement.  Will that be a problem?  I also had discpline for things I didn't do.I hope they will see me for the good person that I am...

That will now depend.   If you were disciplined, then quit, that is going to be an issue.  If you quit well after the discipline, not so much.    And it doesn't matter how 'good' a person you are, the agency operates in a 'risk assessment' manner when it comes to new applicants.   If you tilt too far in the 'risky' catagory, it won't matter.   Time heals almost everything, though.

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill

General Maryland Law Enforcement, Maryland Law & Traffic Law, the Court System. How to start the process to become a Police Officer, different Police careers, the Interview process, General Police career questions

18 Years experience as a local and Federal Police officer. In addition to working "the road", I've worked as an Academy Instructor, Law Digest Compiler for Police Department, Community Policing coordinator, Department Gang officer, Bike Patrol Officer, and Advanced Accident Investigator. I've also served on the SWAT/SRT team, and currently work for the Department of Army Police (Federal Civilian) at Fort Detrick, Frederick Md, as a Sergeant. I'm Certified as a Police and Emergency Medical dispatcher through the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch.

Police Marksman Association Fraternal Order of Police

South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Prince Georges County Maryland Municipal Police Academy, Western Maryland Police Academy
Radar, Portable Breath Test, PR-24 Police Baton, ASP, Police Mountain Bike Certified. Maryland Police Training Commission Basic Instructor Certified. CALEA Certified Field Training Officer (FTO), Advanced Criminal Investigator School, Advanced Crash Investigator School, National Academies of Emergency Dispatch Certified Emergency Police Dispatch, Emergency Medical Dispatch, Emergency Telecommunications Operator.

Police Officer of the Year, Prince Georges County Municipal Police Chiefs Association (1995).
City of District Heights Police Officer of the Year, 1995.
Distinguished Service Cross for Valor, 1995 (National Association Chiefs of Police).