Careers: Police/Background check

Hello Sir, I wanted to know if Background Investigators give you an opportunity to explain comments made by people who are on your application? I had a few, not so good partings with two landlords I rented from. I always payed on time and never had any complaints, and for the most part we got along fine till it was time to leave. It was just mostly tension between us and some disagreements and nothing to do with me being a bad tenant. My point is, I don't expect them to praise me but if they exaggerate anything will I have a chance to explain the situations? Thanks for any thoughts you can give.

Good afternoon Ant,

I doubt you have anything to worry about as background investigators have done these things many times and they know that all employers and landlords are not necessarily going to speak in high favor of you. The only time you need to worry as if they say anything exceptionally negative or about you breaking the law. If that happens then your background investigator will probably come to you and ask you to explain why they said such a thing.

So to answer your question yes the background investigators will more than likely allow you to explain any seriously negative things that a landlord or employer may say about you they understand that not every employer or every landlord is going to speak glowingly about you and that is just normal.

Hope this explains her questioning give you some relief. Be safe and stay well.

Careers: Police

Chris Wagoner

I have been a police officer for 30+ years! I am the Police Academy Commander at the Santa Fe College, Institute of Public Safety in Gainesville Florida It is a full service Law Enforcement and Corrections training facility. I can answer most questions concerning law enforcement procedures, law enforcement training and general questions about law enforcment. I can also answer questions about becoming a law enfocement officer. I have a booklet and web page I have written that answers many questions about how to become a police officer called "So you want to be a cop (police Officer) in Florida?", which is free, Google it.. All you have to do is ask. I teach the following subjects: RADAR/LASER, Law Enforcement Driving, Law Enforcement Firearms and Patrol Techniques, Officer Safety, WMD's for Patrol Officers, Application of Law, Communications skills, Dealing with the Mentally and physically handicapped, and many more subjects. I have worked as a subject matter expert for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and helped to write the police curriculum for the State of Florida. I like answering questions about how to become a police officer, and questions about why did an officer do this or that type questions. I also like answering any questions you may have about police work in general. I do not mind helping with homework questions or trying to answer your questions about legal subjects that I have knowledge of. You will never know the answer until you ask! If you do ask a question, PLEASE take the time to at least rate the answer. I do not get paid to answer these questions and do it on my own time. If you ask, please rate it when I answer. Thanks!!! If its a question about becoming a police officer, it may be answered here: My "hobby" website - Military Videos on YouTube and Facebook!!

I am a 30+ year veteran police officer, I am currently the Police Academy Commander of an Academy in North FLorida. I have been training police officers since 1993 and have trained them in all aspects of law enforcement, including firearms, Driving and legal subjects including patrol techniques and others and training all over the world. I have trained over 5000 officers worldwide in the last 16 years of training.

I am a published author in Accident Investigation from the University of North Florida, Institute of Police Technology and Management. Also have written and published on the Internet, "So You Want to be a Cop (Police Officer) in Florida?" you can Google it..

I have 2 degrees, in Criminal Justice.

Phi Theta Kappa, plus 50+ Departmental Awards over the years. FBI Directors award for assisting in a Nationwide investigation into Child pornography.