Careers: Police/Baltimore City Police Dept

I took the test for Baltmore City Police Depatment, passed it.  on the application they asked if i ever tried marijuanna. I said yes, it was once two years ago.  I was disqualified.  I had to tell the truth because I would have been asked this on the truth test.  Will I be able to reaply or will this be held against me forever?  I have no background, never been in trouble and have a college degree.

Nope, held against you forever, I"m afraid.  If you only 'tried it once' and were DQ'd, then I'd guess Balto city has a time limit, probably 3-5 years.   So the good news is you can reapply but unless you find someone in recruiting who tell you the 'limit', you may get DQ'd every time until you hit that limit.   Stupid, but that is how it works.   You just have to keep going until you get through the time period.  

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill

General Maryland Law Enforcement, Maryland Law & Traffic Law, the Court System. How to start the process to become a Police Officer, different Police careers, the Interview process, General Police career questions

18 Years experience as a local and Federal Police officer. In addition to working "the road", I've worked as an Academy Instructor, Law Digest Compiler for Police Department, Community Policing coordinator, Department Gang officer, Bike Patrol Officer, and Advanced Accident Investigator. I've also served on the SWAT/SRT team, and currently work for the Department of Army Police (Federal Civilian) at Fort Detrick, Frederick Md, as a Sergeant. I'm Certified as a Police and Emergency Medical dispatcher through the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch.

Police Marksman Association Fraternal Order of Police

South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Prince Georges County Maryland Municipal Police Academy, Western Maryland Police Academy
Radar, Portable Breath Test, PR-24 Police Baton, ASP, Police Mountain Bike Certified. Maryland Police Training Commission Basic Instructor Certified. CALEA Certified Field Training Officer (FTO), Advanced Criminal Investigator School, Advanced Crash Investigator School, National Academies of Emergency Dispatch Certified Emergency Police Dispatch, Emergency Medical Dispatch, Emergency Telecommunications Operator.

Police Officer of the Year, Prince Georges County Municipal Police Chiefs Association (1995).
City of District Heights Police Officer of the Year, 1995.
Distinguished Service Cross for Valor, 1995 (National Association Chiefs of Police).