Careers: Police/police transfer to usa

I am a serving Police Officer in the PSNI and have been for the last 9 1/2 years. I am a US citizen as well and would like to transfer to a force in the US. Is this possible or would I have to move there and apply as a fresh recruit. I am 45 years old.

No matter where you apply, no agency in the US recognizes prior experience academy wise outside the US.  In other words, you'll have to go back through an academy and 'start over' so to speak.   

It's been done in the past, so it's not impossible, but there are quite a few hurdles you have to jump first.  Since you are already a US citizen your process will be much shorter but it will still be complicated, as likely most of your references and such are in the UK.  
Still, the citizenship is the biggest hurdle and since you already have that, your path will be easier.   

Best of luck!

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill

General Maryland Law Enforcement, Maryland Law & Traffic Law, the Court System. How to start the process to become a Police Officer, different Police careers, the Interview process, General Police career questions

18 Years experience as a local and Federal Police officer. In addition to working "the road", I've worked as an Academy Instructor, Law Digest Compiler for Police Department, Community Policing coordinator, Department Gang officer, Bike Patrol Officer, and Advanced Accident Investigator. I've also served on the SWAT/SRT team, and currently work for the Department of Army Police (Federal Civilian) at Fort Detrick, Frederick Md, as a Sergeant. I'm Certified as a Police and Emergency Medical dispatcher through the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch.

Police Marksman Association Fraternal Order of Police

South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Prince Georges County Maryland Municipal Police Academy, Western Maryland Police Academy
Radar, Portable Breath Test, PR-24 Police Baton, ASP, Police Mountain Bike Certified. Maryland Police Training Commission Basic Instructor Certified. CALEA Certified Field Training Officer (FTO), Advanced Criminal Investigator School, Advanced Crash Investigator School, National Academies of Emergency Dispatch Certified Emergency Police Dispatch, Emergency Medical Dispatch, Emergency Telecommunications Operator.

Police Officer of the Year, Prince Georges County Municipal Police Chiefs Association (1995).
City of District Heights Police Officer of the Year, 1995.
Distinguished Service Cross for Valor, 1995 (National Association Chiefs of Police).