Hello i was hoping you could help me with this question. I applied for the Baltimore Police Department in 2005. I was told i was disqualified because i answered a question prior to taking the exam. There is a form you fill out with you information. Also on the sheet there were questions such as if you used drugs a certain number of times. Forgive me but I can not remember all of the questions. One question that I checked yes to by mistake was possession and dealing drugs. I was already late to the test center and I really did not follow the instructions. To be very clear with you at the time i was a Military Police officer. I have never done such a thing before. I really just wanted to go down and see if the test was easy or hard. I still had about 9 months in service left at the time. I was pulled from the class around the time I started taking the exam. I was asked if this was my name and I replied with yes this is me. After the question was asked I was told that I was disqualified and I needed to leave. I was very upset that I did not get a chance to explain that I made an honest mistake. I did leave in a calm and professional matter. The only thing I was guilty of was not taking my time and reading the instructions properly. I planned on going back the next day and talking to the recruitment officer but I was sent on a deployment and I had other things that I needed to take care of at the time. I read two weeks ago that the department was hiring I would like to go down and talk to someone do you think in your honest opinion that I will be allowed to apply.

Hi Patrick,

Go apply. That mistake that long ago may be brought up, and you explain it just like you told me. Follow the directions this time and if they ask you why you answered differently this time tell them just what you told me. If they still say no, try another department. If they are that strict that they will not really listen, then you need to try somewhere else. You should have veterans preference points now and your background in the MP's (I was one myself) will really help sell you.

Careers: Police

Chris Wagoner

I have been a police officer for 30+ years! I am the Police Academy Commander at the Santa Fe College, Institute of Public Safety in Gainesville Florida It is a full service Law Enforcement and Corrections training facility. I can answer most questions concerning law enforcement procedures, law enforcement training and general questions about law enforcment. I can also answer questions about becoming a law enfocement officer. I have a booklet and web page I have written that answers many questions about how to become a police officer called "So you want to be a cop (police Officer) in Florida?", which is free, Google it.. All you have to do is ask. I teach the following subjects: RADAR/LASER, Law Enforcement Driving, Law Enforcement Firearms and Patrol Techniques, Officer Safety, WMD's for Patrol Officers, Application of Law, Communications skills, Dealing with the Mentally and physically handicapped, and many more subjects. I have worked as a subject matter expert for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and helped to write the police curriculum for the State of Florida. I like answering questions about how to become a police officer, and questions about why did an officer do this or that type questions. I also like answering any questions you may have about police work in general. I do not mind helping with homework questions or trying to answer your questions about legal subjects that I have knowledge of. You will never know the answer until you ask! If you do ask a question, PLEASE take the time to at least rate the answer. I do not get paid to answer these questions and do it on my own time. If you ask, please rate it when I answer. Thanks!!! If its a question about becoming a police officer, it may be answered here: My "hobby" website - Military Videos on YouTube and Facebook!!

I am a 30+ year veteran police officer, I am currently the Police Academy Commander of an Academy in North FLorida. I have been training police officers since 1993 and have trained them in all aspects of law enforcement, including firearms, Driving and legal subjects including patrol techniques and others and training all over the world. I have trained over 5000 officers worldwide in the last 16 years of training.

I am a published author in Accident Investigation from the University of North Florida, Institute of Police Technology and Management. Also have written and published on the Internet, "So You Want to be a Cop (Police Officer) in Florida?" you can Google it..

I have 2 degrees, in Criminal Justice.

Phi Theta Kappa, plus 50+ Departmental Awards over the years. FBI Directors award for assisting in a Nationwide investigation into Child pornography.