Careers: Police/writing a book...

QUESTION: Hi. I know I've messaged you about this before but I just want to clarify. I am in the process of writing a book, and in this book, there is a man who's father had been killed and he's on a revenge kick. He's kidnapped young girls, used his own daughters, and trained them basically to kill for his own purposes. If someone was kidnapping girls in the U.S, training them to kill, and he was caught who would be arresting him? How long would he get in prison? I will put you in as a reference in my book by the way and any info you can get me would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi Nicole,

Can you tell me where this takes place? That will make some difference.

QUESTION: I was thinking like Maine?

Also I was wondering, if a killer is apprehended who no one really knew the identity of and was killed in apprehending him is he then id'd by the medical examiner?

Hello Nicole,

Yes I remember speaking with you before on some writing endeavors that you had.

In the apprehension of the killer that you speak of it all depends on who finds him. I would guess from his activity that you describe he probably would have attracted the attention of the FBI because of the killings taking part across state lines, and of course all of the local and county and state police agencies. So he could be arrested by any of the local state or federal law enforcement agencies it just depends on who finds him first.

Is term in prison would probably be life or even sentenced to death. Because for capital murder or murder in the first degree which is what you're describing, the sentence is always life in prison or sentenced to death. As he has multiple victims he could be sentenced to multiple life terms. One for each victim.

As for your follow-up question if the killer is apprehended but no one knows of his identity, in the booking process they take his fingerprints electronically now and they are automatically submitted to the FBI database. Which would spit out his identity had he ever been fingerprinted anywhere for anything. If he was killed in the arrest then yes the medical examiner would be the one to done if I him. It would be done through fingerprints and/or dental records or by identification of next of kin.

I hope these answers help you out and good luck in your writing endeavor. Let me know what they are as I would like to read them if you publish them.

Careers: Police

Chris Wagoner

I have been a police officer for 30+ years! I am the Police Academy Commander at the Santa Fe College, Institute of Public Safety in Gainesville Florida It is a full service Law Enforcement and Corrections training facility. I can answer most questions concerning law enforcement procedures, law enforcement training and general questions about law enforcment. I can also answer questions about becoming a law enfocement officer. I have a booklet and web page I have written that answers many questions about how to become a police officer called "So you want to be a cop (police Officer) in Florida?", which is free, Google it.. All you have to do is ask. I teach the following subjects: RADAR/LASER, Law Enforcement Driving, Law Enforcement Firearms and Patrol Techniques, Officer Safety, WMD's for Patrol Officers, Application of Law, Communications skills, Dealing with the Mentally and physically handicapped, and many more subjects. I have worked as a subject matter expert for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and helped to write the police curriculum for the State of Florida. I like answering questions about how to become a police officer, and questions about why did an officer do this or that type questions. I also like answering any questions you may have about police work in general. I do not mind helping with homework questions or trying to answer your questions about legal subjects that I have knowledge of. You will never know the answer until you ask! If you do ask a question, PLEASE take the time to at least rate the answer. I do not get paid to answer these questions and do it on my own time. If you ask, please rate it when I answer. Thanks!!! If its a question about becoming a police officer, it may be answered here: My "hobby" website - Military Videos on YouTube and Facebook!!

I am a 30+ year veteran police officer, I am currently the Police Academy Commander of an Academy in North FLorida. I have been training police officers since 1993 and have trained them in all aspects of law enforcement, including firearms, Driving and legal subjects including patrol techniques and others and training all over the world. I have trained over 5000 officers worldwide in the last 16 years of training.

I am a published author in Accident Investigation from the University of North Florida, Institute of Police Technology and Management. Also have written and published on the Internet, "So You Want to be a Cop (Police Officer) in Florida?" you can Google it..

I have 2 degrees, in Criminal Justice.

Phi Theta Kappa, plus 50+ Departmental Awards over the years. FBI Directors award for assisting in a Nationwide investigation into Child pornography.