Careers: Police/Concern regarding military and background

Question
Hello,
I have a bit of an odd situation. When I was 17 I enlisted in the army. In basic a lot of bad things happened around me. I watched some on commit suicid, broke a few bones in my foot and got into a verbal altercation with the cadre. After the altercation happened they made it there mission to make sure I did not graduate. I know the difference between rough training and malicious attacks and they got bad, like accusing me of things and not allowing me to seek outside help or representation. Sorry long story short I received an entry level seperation and have been fighting it ever since.I do not have a dd214 and there is literally no copy anywhere to be found. I have hired people to find it and contacte every government agency possible and nothing. My concern is that i am applying for multiple local departments and I have an entry level separation with no dd214. How bad is this? Should I even bother?

In the years since the military I have stayed squeaky clean and have done jobs that work with le for the most part.

Answer
Loren,

I found your question sitting in the Question Pool. Whoever you directed it to  did not want to answer it.

The answer to your question is very simple.  Being discharged from the military will less than an honorable discharge is not going to help your chances.  But on the other hand its a possibility that it won't hurt you.

Of course I have no way to predict what any individual police department is going to do.  

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey