Careers: Police/Background Check

Question
Can you become a police officer if you had cursed on facebook? And I was at a friends house and I used his laptop to get on facebook, he said some stupid things that people really wouldn't like to see. I deleted that off of my profile. Can the investigator look at that even know I deleted it? And one last thing... I know I probably wont get in because of this.. But I was at my friends house and he hung out with the wrong crowd. He had people come over and they had Marijuana and peer-pressured me into doing it. I am currently 17 years old and don't plan on ever doing it again. Will they definitely not take me in because of this? Please let me know. I'm really concerned for my future right now

Answer
Micheal,

There is no way for me to give you a "yes" or "no" answer and that is because there are thousands of police departments and each has its own rules and standards.

I don't think that anything that you have told me will be a problem.  That does NOT mean that you will be hired.  It only means that the things that you have mentioned probably won't hurt you.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey