Careers: Police/Psych test

Question
I'll be 22 next month. And I want to be a police officer but starting in November 2009 I got involved is self harming and had to be put on a 72 hour hold twice. The first I was released after the 72 hours were up and the seconded I spent a week in the ER and then a week in a mental hospital. And 7 other psych hospital stays. I've been self harm free for over a year and just got off my last anti psychotic medication last month. My question is that will my psych past disqualify me from being a cop?

Answer

I found your question sitting in the Question Pool which means whoever you directed it to did not want to answer it.

I am not in a position to say "yes" or "no" but your illness and other issues would be a major roadblock to becoming a sworn police officer.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey