Careers: Police/Disqualifications

hello i wanted to be a state trooper in PA and I am currently a sophomore in college.

Whenever i was in 10th grade (2009-2010) i tried marijuana under 15 times(not sure how much since it was just after football games like 2-3 times a month from august to december), also i smashed a mailbox, bought marijuana at school once, and sold 1 or 2 pills at school once(some painkiller, cant remember the name), and my brother and I took a street sign that had fallen down in a windstorm.

Other then that I am clean, no arrests or violations. I was not a bad kid or anything it was just what my other friends were doing at the time. currently i do not associate myself with any of them, and that year was the last time I spent time with any of them. I know that it was stupid and i regret it. would these cause me to be automatically disqualified? if so i need to pursue a new program in school.

The pill selling is going to be the biggest issue in my opinion.  While pushing 5 years ago that is going to be looked at closely.   However, I think since time has passed, and you've got 2 more years prior to graduation, as long as you keep clean it is NOT an insurmountable obstacle.   

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill

General Maryland Law Enforcement, Maryland Law & Traffic Law, the Court System. How to start the process to become a Police Officer, different Police careers, the Interview process, General Police career questions

18 Years experience as a local and Federal Police officer. In addition to working "the road", I've worked as an Academy Instructor, Law Digest Compiler for Police Department, Community Policing coordinator, Department Gang officer, Bike Patrol Officer, and Advanced Accident Investigator. I've also served on the SWAT/SRT team, and currently work for the Department of Army Police (Federal Civilian) at Fort Detrick, Frederick Md, as a Sergeant. I'm Certified as a Police and Emergency Medical dispatcher through the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch.

Police Marksman Association Fraternal Order of Police

South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Prince Georges County Maryland Municipal Police Academy, Western Maryland Police Academy
Radar, Portable Breath Test, PR-24 Police Baton, ASP, Police Mountain Bike Certified. Maryland Police Training Commission Basic Instructor Certified. CALEA Certified Field Training Officer (FTO), Advanced Criminal Investigator School, Advanced Crash Investigator School, National Academies of Emergency Dispatch Certified Emergency Police Dispatch, Emergency Medical Dispatch, Emergency Telecommunications Operator.

Police Officer of the Year, Prince Georges County Municipal Police Chiefs Association (1995).
City of District Heights Police Officer of the Year, 1995.
Distinguished Service Cross for Valor, 1995 (National Association Chiefs of Police).