Careers: Police/Disqualifications on becoming a police officer

Question
My name is Danny Hernandez, Im 20 years old. Will having tattoos on my forearms and arms (nothing gang related) effect my chancing becoming an officer? I also have 5 traffic tickets under my record.. will that also effect my chances?

Answer
Danny,

Think about if you were a background investigator and the chief.  Would you want an officer with visible tattoos representing the department when in contact with the public?  How would that look?  Don't you think that it would bring discredit upon the police department?

Five traffic tickets in 3 or 4 years shows a total disregard for the safety of yourself and the public.  Think about how many times you have not been caught.

I am not telling you that you would never be hired but your issues certainly will not help your cause.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey