Careers: Police/Past employment.

I'm trying to be a police officer in San Diego county. My questions is if I worked at a strip club as a door man will I be passed over or not hired because of that past employment?

I don't think that would be a disqualification. It all depends on how you explain it. For example, you could say it was basic training for you in dealing with all types of personalities. Much of police work is getting people to tune their actions down a notch. I would think having to deal with sometimes pushy dudes and hysterical women would be an asset not a debit on one's abilities, just a jail work for deputies trains them in dealing with mouthy and uncooperative people. Go for it! And turn what would appear a negative into a positive.  

Careers: Police

Dick Rogers

I`ve spent twenty-five years in law enforcement as a state trooper and deputy sheriff. Retired as a lead homicide investigator. My interest is in answering questions dealing with ethical and moral dilemmas facing officers in the field.