Careers: Police/Questions about Background Check

Question
Hello,

I have thought about becoming an officer on and off for a while now. I do have some concerns about making it through the interview process.  The interviewing itself doesn't bother me and I'm a honest person.  It's all of the background stuff that worries me.

I have tried marijuana twice to see what all of the fuss was about.  I had avoided it my whole life.  It was recent (last two years) but it was one puff and non-stop coughing both times.  I've always hate the smell of it and certainly didn't enjoy it at all.  I don't get the appeal and will not ever touch it again.

As a teenager I was a job hopper.  I had had the same job for about three years and then we moved out of state.  Where we moved to...jobs were not plentiful and everything seemed to be minimum wage which was not was I was use to making.  So, I ended up changing jobs frequently anytime I was offered more money (to try to make more than minimum wage).

Another concern of mine is that my husband and I have downloaded movies off the internet before.  I just wasn't sure if I was honest about all this if I was be dq'd or not.  I'm working on cleaning up my credit from ruining it when I was a teenager but nothing is recent other than a medical bill.

I know they ask on the application if you've ever been fired from a job.  I have three times in my life (I'm about to be 32).  None were from not showing up or anything awful.  I couldn't balance enough plates on my arm at a restaurant...so I was let go.  I left a client on hold too long so she complained on me and I was let go.  I had reported an item as ringing up at $0 and it never got fixed....I rang someone up and that was one of the items (which I thought was fixed and wasn't something that was purchased often)and it rang at $0 and I missed it with all the hairdressers asking me to "do this" or "do that" for them while I was doing this transaction so I was fired.  I will say for this job...I did make a comment on social media after being let go but I had also removed almost everyone from that job from my page.  Someone showed he owner and she started harassing me via text for the next couple of hours and I just ignored her and removed every person from my facebook page, including my comment.  However, my comment did not saying who it was about.  It was extremely vague.

If I'm honest about all these things would I dq?

Answer
Vanessa:

I don't believe you have anything to worry about.  There is a saying nowadays that everyone breaks some sort of law something like 8 times a day.  Everything you've said basically falls into that catagory.  I say go for it and good luck!

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill