Careers: Police/education credibility

Question
Good evening Sir. I have a question concerning whether I should continue my criminal Justice degree at a particular college. I recently started working towards a Criminal Justice degree. When I enrolled I was told that my program director was one if the best. The college recruiter told me he is awesome and has many connections in law enforcement. I even met with my program director and he told me he has worked extensively in law enforcement. He also rated he worked in the whitehouse. I was impressed so I enrolled. I decided to Google him just to see some of the work he has done. When I did,i found information from 8 or 9 years ago he was charged with impersonating an officer the state trooper said he had several sheriff badges in his possession. Also he was fired from at least two positions he held in government because of lying about some certifications. It is apparent he has worked extensively in law enforcement. However with this information do you think it is a good idea to continue my degree under this director ? If this information is true.

Answer
Dana,

You say if the information is true. If you don't feel comfortable with the alleged information, check other colleges.  How do you know if the person informing you about the director having job connections is accurate? Be sure a college is accredited, (meets established education standards). When I was teaching,internships in the area of a student's career interest were offered. An internship is a good way for a student to determine if a job is a good fit for him/her. It can also be a network of contacts for jobs.

Good luck,
Bob

Careers: Police

Robert Tapogna