Careers: Police/application

QUESTION: My question is the following...I was kicked out of my regular high school due to the fact that I didn't have enough credits to graduate on my senior year.. That year I left my school and went to a school called life skills which was also a waiste of time, I ended up getting my high school diploma from another school.. My question is that on the application do I have to put all of those as my high school or can I just put the last one which is were I graduated and has transcripts from 9 thru 12th grade???

ANSWER: Henry,

In my opinion, you would use the school from which you graduated.  However, I must admit to a concern when you use the words, "kicked out of school,"  and attended a school called "life skills."  

Feel free to make further contact with regard to you career plans and goals.  I have many years of experience in the criminal justice profession.  I may be able to offer some practical advice for your consideration.

I wish you career success.
Bob T

QUESTION: Yes I know it sounds bad but I chose to leave due to the fact of not have sufficient credits to graduate with my class so I chose to go to a school called life skills which was also a waste of time and then went to get my high school diploma thru another school were I took a test and placed me on a certain grade..luckily I passed the test and got my high school diploma...after there I started a community college but didn't do to well and left the school and now I'm going to brown Mackie college were I just got my AS in criminal Justice... I just want to make sure that I don't need to put all the schools I've attended as long as I put the ones I graduated from and the one I'm currently in

ANSWER: Henry,

I understand your concern.  My first answer of just including the high from which you graduated would seem to me to be appropriate. It is good that you completed your Associates Degree.

Good luck in your career endeavors,

QUESTION: Do you think my previous high schools or even community college will pop up during my back ground investigation?

I was not aware that your last question about a background investigation was on my site.  I am very sorry for not responding. You probably have already secured an answer. Mine would have been yes.

Again, I apologize.

Best regards,
Bob T

Careers: Police

Robert Tapogna

Probation/Parole: Career requirements, what kind of duties, supervising officers, conduct probation violation investigations. Establishing security training curriculum, training methods, writing lesson plans, NYS security license requirements. Security environments to seek employment-court, park, retail, industrial and campus security. Adjunct instructor, police, security & corrections, career requirements, different career fields, value of internships

Probation supervisor Court Security supervisor Campus security director Industrial security officer Retail security officer Security Training Manager Park security Criminal Justice adjunct instructor

American Society for Industrial Security National Organization for Victim Assistance National Sheriff's Association Rochester Professional Network Consultants

MS Computer Network Security BS Criminal Justice