Careers: Police/background question

Question
A few years ago I made some bad decisions following the loss of my father. Because of that I stopped going to regular drills at my military unit, and am looking at a general or other than honorable discharge from the military, I have since gotten my life straight and want to know how this might affect my chances of one day becoming a police officer. Thank you.

Answer
Kevin,

Since there are thousands of police departments and each has its own hiring standards there is no way that I can give you a "yes" or "no" answer.

I would be safe by telling you that anything except an honorable discharge will hurt your chances.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey