Careers: Police/Will I be able to...

Question
QUESTION: Hello there! I have a couple of questions in regards to becoming a police officer, so that I can later become a crime scene investigator. My first question, is will I still be able to be a cop if I have a Class 4 felony of "fraud by check" charge against me? It happened 2 years ago but by the time I apply, it will be 6 years since it happened. I do not have a criminal record aside from this charge. I start school soon for criminal justice and I need to know if it's worth going through with.

My next question is, if I can't be a cop because of my record, what kind of jobs could I get with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice/Forensic Psychology?

Thank you for your time!

ANSWER: Are you telling me that you are a convicted felon and yet are hoping to get a job in law enforcement?

QUESTION: Wow. Thanks for nothing. That was very rude.....

Answer
I asked you a simple question and instead of giving me an answer you lash out at me.  Since you have chosen to do that then I will give you a straight answer.  A convicted felon loses a lot of civil rights upon conviction.  You can't vote again, you can't hold public office, and can's take an oath.

No agency in law enforcement is going to hire a convicted felon.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey