Careers: Police/Not sure if I'm gonna be eligible

Question
I have a not so great background. I was arrested at 18 for spray painting. I was convicted of a misdemeanor in criminal mischief. I was giving y/o and a sealed record. I was arrested 2 other times for stupidity. 1 was egging house was given a violation at 19. And at 22 I was arrested for obstruction of breathing. ( I was drunknown at the bar and made a terrible mistake )  that also was dropped to a,violation.

This is not all. I have a couple suspensions for not paying tickets on time. And 2 speeding tickets and a cell phone ticket.

I know this is alot of negativity,  but being a police officer something that I really want in my life and wanted to do for a long time. I am not 23 almost 24 and haven't gotten in trouble since. I no there isn't a big gap since my last incident. I'm Appling for Albany ny police department. There civil service department said that as long as I'm honest I should be OK to make it through thd background. What our your thoughts on this ?

Answer
Nicholas,

There is no way for me to predict what the Albany PD is going to do.  However you have to consider that many, many of the applicants are going to have spotless records and college degrees.  The best that I can do for you is to to tell you that you record of criminal offenses and driving escapades are certainly not going to help your chances.  

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey