Careers: Police/Previous employment

Question
So I want to apply to a few LE agencies in the California region. I go to school and recently started working for my dad's smoke shop. My job is essentially loss prevention but working off site (home) by watching the surveillance footage and make sure the workers are not stealing inventory or money. I also monitor the cameras outside when the store is closed to make sure no one tries to vandalize anything as it has been happening recently. Would this look bad that I work for a smoke shop? I figured loss prevention/surveillance work might look good in a way. Everything we sell in the store is legal. Nothing illegal. All for tobacco use. Water pipes, hookahs, hookah tobacco, e-cigs, cigars, etc.

I would like your opinion on this. I talked to a Police mentor where I would be applying and she told me it should NOT be a problem whatsoever as long as the business is run legally.

Your answer will be greatly appreciated!

Answer
I can't possibly make a decision for one of of the thousands of police departments in this country because each and every department has its own rules and hiring standards.

On the other hand I would tend to agree with whoever you talked to that your current employment shouldn't make a bit of difference.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey