Careers: Police/Two part question

Hi  i plan on majoring in criminal justice I have three tickets .my last ticket was over a year ago the other two where over two years ago.i don't plan on applying for police Jobs for another 3 to 4 years with that said if I get no more tickets are my chance of getting excepted pretty good?taking into the fact that I have no criminal background and my  license has never been  suspended .
My second question is what is the interview process like and how in depth is it? Thirdly will were I came from have an affect on  whether or not I get hired?it seemed to grab the attention of the ride along officer although I can't control where came from.Thank for you time.

I don't think that the traffic infractions will be an issue four years from now.  You could end up being interviewed three or four times depending on what kind of a police department it is.  If its a ten man department in a small town the chief may be the only one who talks to you.  If its a big city department you may go through several interview steps.  Believe me it will be thorough and it is used to see how you react to certain issues and to see if you have an acceptable command of the language.

I don't know where you are from or what that has to do with anything.

This is in addition to what I sent this morning.

It's been my experience that prospective candidates for law enforcement positions focus in on certain things in their life like traffic tickets.  In reality its the background check and aptitude test that trips them up.  In other words things that friends or family members mention.  In addition not everyone has the aptitude to be a police officers.  I can't really explain it but lets say two people are driving down the street in the same car and one sees six different things going on on the sidewalk.  He mentions each one to the other person who has no idea what he is talking about.  The observant one is the one with the aptitude.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey

If you are an author I will be happy to help you however I do expect a reasonable donation using the PayPal icon. U.S.: I am an expert in this category for the purpose of giving young people an idea what the hiring process involves for the position of police officer. I am getting a flood of questions from young people who are being influenced by unrealistic television shows. I'd ask you to consider that when you watch police shows on television that they are NOT realistic and most of what you see does not happen in real life. Please do not ask me about potential jail sentences that you, your friends, or family might receive in court. There is no way for me to know that. I am NOT a probation officer so I cannot answer questions about probation and parole matters. I am a retired police officer with 26 years experience.I worked in a variety of assignments including investigations, homicide, sex crimes, runaway investigations, missing persons, and fraud.I also dealt with the general public during that time giving a wide range of advice on matters such as domestic disputes, problem solving, teenage problems, civil/criminal matters, and dealing with the mentally ill. I am available to give sound and reasonable advice which can solve most problems. Please do not ask me to do homework questions or online interviews. Young people should not rely on the Internet for interviews. Local police officers are normally very agreeable to assist students with interviews and surveys.

Worked as a police officer/detective for 26 years.

Graduate of the University of Maryland.B.S. in Law Enforcement.Attended numerous schools and training courses involving investigations, interviewing, interrogations, crime detection, domestic violence, and others. Recognized in court as an expert witness.

Received numerous awards during my police career for expert investigations. Handled the most sensitive and confidential investigations. In 1999 I won an award for my work with high school students while working in my new career in a large suburban high school.

B.S from the University of Maryland.