Careers: Police/Emoloyment

Question
I was wondering if you think i would still qualify or be disqualified from becoming a police officer from me getting a recent speeding tickets. It's my only traffic ticket I've had and I'll be going to school for police training for 32 weeks and the ticket was paid off.

Answer
Robert,

There is no way that I can give you a "yes" or "no" answer to this kind of question.  There are thousands of police departments and each has its own hiring standards and rules.  What might be true on Department A might not be the case on Department B.

The best I can do for you is to say that obviously a traffic ticket won't help your cause but on the other hand it probably won't hurt you.

Careers: Police

Jack Toomey