Careers: Writing/philosophical answer

hi greg,
what is the meaning of a "philosophical approach/answer" to a question?

I'd have to hear a particular question and context, but in general a 'philosophical answer' would a response that doesn't involves details or particulars. Instead it gives a general answer based on conceptual abstract values.

For instance, if you said, "My father is trying to teach me how to drive, but he's driving me crazy! What should I do?" A direct specific answer might be, "Find a different teacher". A philosophical answer might be, "Compassion is a virtue".

I hope that helps.

Careers: Writing

Greg Miller

I can answer questions about writing and the creative process in any form or genre. I have been a writer and writing coach and teacher for 15 years, working with NY Times bestselling authors and absolute beginners on memoirs, screenplays, TV scripts, solo shows, personal essays and standup comedy.

I'm the author of "How To Be A Writer Who Writes" ( and the writer's reference book "Miller's Compendium of Timeless Tools for the Modern Writer" ( I have taught at UCLA Extension, Humber College, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Cal Arts, NY Institute of Technology, Teen Canteen and numerous arts and cultural centers. I am co-director of The Comedian's Way Workshop for Writers, Performers and Other Humans, which I have taught privately with Beth Lapides in Los Angeles for 15 years. I have been coaching writers privately for almost 10 years. I have also worked as a writer and producer for TV, film, stage, radio and online media.

LA Weekly, Writers Digest, Omni, Premiere, CBC, NPR

NYU, BA in History/Journalism

Jillian Lauren, Andrea Martin, Jessica Bendinger, Steve Barancik, Scott King