Careers: Writing/Book on Regeneration

Hi, I am Ajay, a biomedical science student and am currently engaged in tail regeneration experiments in mice. I want to write a really cool non-fication book on regeneration(from its research history, biological processes to current approaches in research), with what a brief history of time did for physics in mind. I would like some suggestions on how to present/design my book in such a way that people find it cool to read biology again.

Thank you so much for your time,

Hi Ajay - This sounds like a great project, but your question is quite broad. My main suggestions are:
- Keep the book, the chapters, the paragraphs and the sentences short.
- Use catchy, accessible chapter titles or headlines.
- Possibly include yourself in the book in the first person, referencing your own history and understanding of the topic. General readers find it easier to relate to specific individuals than to abstract ideas.
- Use pictures or graphs if they're clear and easy to understand.

I wish you all the best with the project. If you have a more specific question, let me know.

Careers: Writing

Greg Miller

I can answer questions about writing and the creative process in any form or genre. I have been a writer and writing coach and teacher for 15 years, working with NY Times bestselling authors and absolute beginners on memoirs, screenplays, TV scripts, solo shows, personal essays and standup comedy.

I'm the author of "How To Be A Writer Who Writes" ( and the writer's reference book "Miller's Compendium of Timeless Tools for the Modern Writer" ( I have taught at UCLA Extension, Humber College, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Cal Arts, NY Institute of Technology, Teen Canteen and numerous arts and cultural centers. I am co-director of The Comedian's Way Workshop for Writers, Performers and Other Humans, which I have taught privately with Beth Lapides in Los Angeles for 15 years. I have been coaching writers privately for almost 10 years. I have also worked as a writer and producer for TV, film, stage, radio and online media.

LA Weekly, Writers Digest, Omni, Premiere, CBC, NPR

NYU, BA in History/Journalism

Jillian Lauren, Andrea Martin, Jessica Bendinger, Steve Barancik, Scott King