Carnivorous Plants/Update

Question
Hey there! My cephs are doing great thank u for the great info. I purchased a heliamphora heterodoxa x minor since we chated last. My question this time is what are the easier species of helis for terrarium growth? I read that hybrids are more forgiving than pure species, is this true? Any tips on keeping it happy? I mist it often and its under a 4bulb t-5 set up in a 55 gal terrarium w/all my other terrarium subjects. I also hav a floor fan blowing on it wile the lights are on to keep temps under 80 f. Its usualy between 75-80 during the day and drops to 55,60 usually at night. How am I doin so far? Thanks again for everythin!

Answer
Heliamphora  x nutans..
Heliamphora x nutans.  

Heliamphora x minor   &   nutans
Heliamphora x minor  
Hi Norman,  So glad to hear from you again! I have been gowning Sun pitcher plants now for over ten years and I have found them easy to grow in terrariums but don't like being transplanting! The special need for cooler night is a must the lower the better but lots and lots of light without the warm temperature and no warmer then 80 degrees, for this is very impotent to keep them thriving! I have three different Heliamphora, (Sun Pitcher Plants# and the Tatei have grown the fastest and has the best color as you can see in the photos. I have the Nutans and the Heliamphora X minor and found that if you move the roots or even move some plants next to your Sun Pitcher Plants you plant will go a little dormant or slow down it's growth, so try not to move or transplant them much for the thriving will stop!  I enjoy seeing some photos of your plants and then I could check them out!  Is your lighting fluorescent? and if so what watts and color temperature and note watering by having then stand in about 1" to 1/2" of distilled water has been ideal for all my Heliamphora and never let them dry out for this will kill off a lot of your plant and with cuttings try to do all this and transplanting in the fall once a year. Your set-up sounds great and if you send me your e-mail I can send you my newest youtube video of my plants! jbowen004@satx.rr.com Later my Friend and know I'm here for you.  Dan #Daniel Lee Bowen#

Carnivorous Plants

Daniel Lee Bowen