Carnivorous Plants/Asian beetles

Question
I have a nepethen, pitcher plant.  I also have a venus fly trap.  I am wondering about the asian beetle as a food source.  I have been reading up and it says not to feed my venus fly trap asain beetles or you may kill the plant???  Then another source says to feed the asian beetles, but only once in a while.  Confused!!  I live in the northwest part of wisconsin, and this is the time of year all of the asian beetles come out of the woods and fields and into our homes.  I see my venus fly trap has one in one of the traps.  I am afraid that it will kill my plant.  Thanks for your help.  Shauna

Answer
Feeding your plant an Asian beetle will not kill the plant.  Once an insect is captured by a flytrap, it poses no threat to the plant.  In addition, Asian beetles are actually beneficial insects that eat aphids and other plant pests.  You have nothing to worry about the Asian beetle.  They may seem like a pest because the end up in places where they're not wanted, such as our homes, but they pose no threat to your plants.

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest