Carnivorous Plants/What is going on with Lowii x Campanulata

nepentehs Lowiix camp
nepentehs Lowiix camp  

Damage done from white things
Damage done from white  

I went to water the plant and found all these white spider web like structures on the plant.  One half of the plant looks wilted.  That is where I discovered the white spider web structures.  There is no sign of insects near the plant.  However, there are white spider web things on other plants.  What is going on hear?  What should I do?  

Grow Info=
Temperatures - 72 -74 degrees
Humidity - 20%
Distilled  water

You may have spider mites.  It's a common pest among houseplants.  To get rid of them, spray your plants with Neem insecticide.  You will need to spray all parts of the plants, especially under the leaves.  Be generous when you spray.  After 30 minutes, you could rinse off the insecticide.  However, you will need to repeat the process in 7 days, and then every 7 days thereafter until you're convinced the infestation is gone.  As always, follow the directions on the bottle.  You can find Neem insecticide at your local garden center.

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest

If your carnivorous plant is showing poor growth, discoloration, abnormal leaves or possible infestation, the expert growers at Sarracenia Northwest can help! They have a great depth of experience dealing with diseases, pathogens, and abnormal growth in carnivorous plants.

Before submitting your question, please read their care guides on their main website. Many issues can be addressed by simply adjusting your growing conditions as recommended in the care guides. Click here to read the care guides.

Over 8,800 questions answered since 2005!

Jeff and Jacob are owners and growers of Sarracenia Northwest. They've been in business since 1995. Watch their professionally produced DVDs, Grow Carnivorous Plants. It is a three-volume set that covers all aspects of carnivorous plant care. They literally show you how to be a successful grower!

No terrariums. No myths. No nonsense.
Just the straight facts from guys who grow and propagate
thousands of carnivorous plants each year.

Our focus is to help help growers diagnose a specific plant problem and offer solutions. For example:
  • Why is my sundew not producing dew?
  • Is now a good time to divide my Sarracenia?
  • Why are the traps turning black?
  • What's a good substitute for perlite?
  • Why didn't my seeds germinate?
  • How do you deal with pests?
  • Can you identify this carnivorous plant for me?
We no longer answer general, how-to questions that are already posted on our website or demonstrated in our DVDs. For general plant care, please read our care guides:

For business questions:

Youtube Facebook
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook!