Carnivorous Plants/Nepenthes ventrata

Question
I am currently growing n. ventata. When a new pitcher is forming the tendrill always tum brown. It gets 4 hours of direct sunlight every day and is on a east window. I live in midd-west Califorina. The soil I'm using is peat moss. I'v grown it for about 3 weeks. I use disstiled water.

Answer
Since you recently acquired the plant, it's likely going through a transition phase as it acclimates to your specific conditions.  Tendrils turning brown is a common occurrence when there is a sudden change in the pitcher plant's environment.  This is no different than a houseplant dropping some of its leaves after purchasing it from a nursery.  The length of time for the plant to acclimate to its new home depends on how different your home environment is from the nursery.  Ventrata tends to acclimate quicker than other hybrids, but it still can take up to 3 months, sometimes longer, before you see new pitchers again.  For now, it's a matter of giving the plant time.  

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest