Carnivorous Plants/Rafflesania x Mirabliss R.I.P?

Question
mirablissx rafflesania
mirablissx rafflesania  
Mirabliss x rafflesania
Mirabliss x rafflesani  
QUESTION: Allexperts,

I the Rafflesania looks like it is officially dead.  I was reading on line that sometimes the Nepenthes can come back from the dead.  Is it possible that this plant might come back?   I have attached 2 pictures with this email.  I have been giving the plant 1/4teaspoon  of Superthrive and 1/8 teaspoon of  fertilizer.  

The link to website is here: http://www.cpjungle.com/nudead.htm   

Thank you again.  

Sincerely,

Weylin

ANSWER: It all depends on how the main portion of the plant died.  If it died because of disease that affected the roots, then all parts of the plant are dead.  Cases in which a plant will send up new shoots after the main section has died off usually occurs because of factors other than disease or pathogens, such as fire, frost, or chemicals to the leaves.  Even in these cases, you have to be lucky that the roots and lower stem portions haven't died.

Without knowing any history of your plant, I can't tell you whether or not you will see new shoots months from now.  You can always keep the pot for the next 6 months or so to see what happens.  That's the most I can recommend for you.  Otherwise, a plant like this will usually end up in the compost bin because I have very limited space in my greenhouse.

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

QUESTION: Allexperts,

Sorry it took so long to write back.  The history of what happened to the plant is some how I forgot to monitor the plant soil wetness.  Is is possible if the plant could be sending up new plant shoots?  I just made a mistake in watering the plant the soil dried out.   Thanks Again.

Sincerely,

Weylin

Answer
It's unlikely the plant will come back after severe dehydration.  The roots likely died off because it lacked water for too long.  Nepenthes can send up new shoots from the lower portions of the plant ONLY IF the root system is healthy enough to do so.  As I mentioned before, you can always keep the pot for the next 6 months or so to see what happens.  

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest