Carnivorous Plants/lance leaed sundew

Question
Hi i ordered a lance sundew a few days ago it just came today!i was wondering how long dose it take for a sundew to get its dews back?thanks!

Answer
Hello Joseph,

It can take a few days to a couple of weeks according to how healthy the plant is and the environment it was in compared to the environment it is in now. If there have not been many major changes in environment it should not take long to recover.

Just keep the plant in moderate light, like partial to indirect sunlight (or at least 6000 lumens of artificial cool white florescent light if indoors), provide it with a humidity level comparable (or higher) to what it had before it was sent to you, keep it at between 60-80 degree temperatures, and make sure it has its pot sitting in a large tray of water up to 1/4 the pot depth. Do not fertilize the plant nor try to feed it. Just give it time to acclimate and recover.  

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell