Carnivorous Plants/tropical pitcher plant

Question
Hi i just got a tropical pitcher plant at summerwinds nusery.the plant had many pitchers and then the leaves are  tuned brown.is that a good thing or a bad thing? thanks!

Answer
Hello joseph :)

After a travel, or a shipping, its pretty normal to lost some leaves, and some pitchers. Sometimes when i got a new nepenthes, all the pitchers dies in the few next weeks, and some leaves too.

If the center of the rosette is still green, and if you lost only the lower leaves/pitchers, its pretty normal.

What is the growing conditions of your plant ? And what is the exact nepenthes name ?
Do you have a picture?  

Carnivorous Plants

Francois Boulianne