Carnivorous Plants/tropical pitcher plant

Hi i just got a tropical pitcher plant at summerwinds nusery.the plant had many pitchers and then the leaves are  tuned that a good thing or a bad thing? thanks!

Hello joseph :)

After a travel, or a shipping, its pretty normal to lost some leaves, and some pitchers. Sometimes when i got a new nepenthes, all the pitchers dies in the few next weeks, and some leaves too.

If the center of the rosette is still green, and if you lost only the lower leaves/pitchers, its pretty normal.

What is the growing conditions of your plant ? And what is the exact nepenthes name ?
Do you have a picture?  

Carnivorous Plants

Francois Boulianne

I can answer many questions about carnivorous/protocarnivorous plants. How to grow them, how make them thrive in perfect growing conditions. I will answer english and french questions.

I grow carnivorous plants for many years. Right now i have 27 species and subspecies in cultivation. Its a passion for me.

Botanix laval(mtl) Hydromax Que-pousse Laval

Guide botanix (french guide to our gardening center) Jardin d'interieurs(french magazine about gardening tips)

I work as warehouse director in a big gardening center in Montreal, Canada.