Carnivorous Plants/Bog garden

I live In a very dry climate and its extremely hot in summer it can easily reach 100 or more degrees Fahrenheit I am planing in buying fly traps and sarracenias flavas  but I was concerned that the climate is too dry for them or too hot will it be fine to grow then outside?

Hello Albert

Where do you live ?

Of course you can grow sarracenias and vft's outside, but you have to protect them.
You will need a shade cloth. And plenty of demineralized water, all the time.
I dont know how is the winter over there, but you will probably also need a artificial dormancy from november to april, in a fridg.

Hope this help!  

Carnivorous Plants

Francois Boulianne

I can answer many questions about carnivorous/protocarnivorous plants. How to grow them, how make them thrive in perfect growing conditions. I will answer english and french questions.

I grow carnivorous plants for many years. Right now i have 27 species and subspecies in cultivation. Its a passion for me.

Botanix laval(mtl) Hydromax Que-pousse Laval

Guide botanix (french guide to our gardening center) Jardin d'interieurs(french magazine about gardening tips)

I work as warehouse director in a big gardening center in Montreal, Canada.