Carnivorous Plants/Enough room?

Question
My two friends
My two friends  
First of all, thank you so much for answering these questions. The information all of you provide is invaluable to the CP community.
I live in Southern California (8a-9a). I've been growing my S. Leucophylla x Rubra ssp. Alabamasis for 1 year and Dionaea B52 for 2 years, but I don't know the exact age of either of them. Perhaps you can give me an estimate? I recently repotted them into this self-watering container and they exploded. They seem to love their new home. The soil type is relatively equal proportions of peat, pearlite, pumice, and horticulture sand on a bed of dried lf sphagnum moss. They are about 5 inches apart.
With the distance between the two plants, I've been wondering if I could plant something small between them, such a Sundew, before the grass takes over. I really want Scorpioides, but I would love a Cephalotus. I'm not sure if there is enough available space, though, or if anything besides Drosera can adapt to the soil type or conditions. Can you make any recommendations?
This container is about 16 inches wide, 6 inches deep, and 7 inches tall. I'm also concerned about summer temperatures that can easily be 105 to 110 daily throughout July-August. Nighttime temps typically drop below 65, though. Both the plants acclimated to the temperatures last year, but with the size of this new planter, maybe I should drop some ice-spheres in the water on hot days? I noticed there is a tiny Pygmy Sundew growing in the grass next to the VFT, so I'm hoping it can survive the imminent heat. What do you think?

Answer
You can certainly add another plant, but be careful because the Sarracenia will grow large and overshadow the other plants.  This can pose a problem for the sun-loving flytrap.  Based on how healthy looking your plants are, I'll assume they get lots of direct sunlight.  You can add pygmy sundews, but they might get crowded out very quickly.  Temperate sundews might be more appropriate.  A Cephalotus may grow well, but the soil might be too wet for it.

My recommendation is to let the pot be.  The plants look quite happy, and the extra room will allow them to grow large during the growing season.  A smaller temperate sundew, such as D. rotundifolia or D. intermedia, would do fine there for the season.  Depending on how large your plants grow, you may need to give them their own pots, or possibly a larger container for community growing.

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest