Carnivorous Plants/p. primulflora

Question
I'm one of those you had advised to submerge pinquicula primulflora up to the leaves for winter. I just want to report back.
While the main, center plant died, the plantlets around the outside are doing fine and growing. I also had one in the refrigerator and one buried under mulch outside. Those two didn't make it.
  Also, are any carnivorous plants strong enough to be placed in a  western window and take the heat of the setting sun?

Answer
Hi Craig,

You corresponded with Jeff.  He's not available for a while, so I'm taking over until he gets back.  I'm assuming that when you say you were reporting back that you didn't intend for a response.  Since I don't know the details of your situation, you will need to wait until June when Jeff will be back to respond.

In regards to heat of a west window, many sundews and Nepenthes will grow there.  For starters, you can grow any of the pygmy sundews, wooly sundews, Drosera multifida, Drosera spatulata, Nepenthes sanguinea, Nepenthes ventricosa, Nepenthes Miranda.  Many Mexican butterworts will also grow well there.  There are many more, but the list is too long to convey in this format.  

Plants to avoid in a hot west window are Drosera adelae, Drosera aliciae, Drosera venusta, Drosera regia, and ultrahighland Nepenthes.

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest