Carnivorous Plants/Butterworts outdoors

Question
Can Pinguicula Moctezumae be placed outdoors in summer? Probably in partial sun, like under a small tree?

Answer
Hello Craig,

Pinguicula do suffer from leaf burn in direct sunlight, so yes, place them under trees and on covered patios and ensure that they are well protected from pests and curious animals. Make sure to acclimate the plant slowly to changes in light, temperature and humidity when moving it. Place it in slightly brighter positions over time and check the temperatures indoors and outdoors. Each week, graduate it up to conditions a bit more like the one you want the plant to be placed in for a time. This will allow the plant to adapt and for you to detect any signs of distress in the plant and move it back to a more ideal spot.

Make sure the tree you have in mind is very shady so that there will only be some direct sun during the morning shining under its canopy for a couple hours as that would be about ideal. The rest of the day the plant should get plenty of indirect and partial light under the tree canopy. Adjust as you see a need.  

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell