Carnivorous Plants/nepenthes plant

I have a nepenthes plant and I want to grow another one, if I want to plant another one from my plant should I find a seed in it? or cut a part of it? or what? please answer me this question and one of the nepenthes is dieing its half dead, what should I do to it? should I remove it or keep it?

Hello yousef :)

First of all, i need to see your nep. Do you have some pictures?

After, the multiplication will depend of the age of the plant. If your nepenthes is not into the 'vign' stade, you have to wait.

If the plant have started to vign(climb), then you can go ahead for a sterm cutting.

Getting seed for your plant will be very difficult, its a male/femele thing, and you need to find some pollen on the internet.

Carnivorous Plants

Francois Boulianne

I can answer many questions about carnivorous/protocarnivorous plants. How to grow them, how make them thrive in perfect growing conditions. I will answer english and french questions.

I grow carnivorous plants for many years. Right now i have 27 species and subspecies in cultivation. Its a passion for me.

Botanix laval(mtl) Hydromax Que-pousse Laval

Guide botanix (french guide to our gardening center) Jardin d'interieurs(french magazine about gardening tips)

I work as warehouse director in a big gardening center in Montreal, Canada.