Carnivorous Plants/Nepenthes

About your recommendations, I can't give the nepenthes any real ventilation because if I do I will lose the humidity, and the website that you recommended said that misting the pitcher plant would actually help to grow  pitchers, so what should I do?

You have to find the right balance between a aceptable little air flow, and a acceptable relative humidity. Try increasing the ventilation a little bit each day, and stabilise all this when you are satisfied.

For the misting, be sure that your plant dry between 2 mists. Anyway, if the relative humidity if high enough, misting will be useless.

I never mist my nepenthes.

Carnivorous Plants

Francois Boulianne

I can answer many questions about carnivorous/protocarnivorous plants. How to grow them, how make them thrive in perfect growing conditions. I will answer english and french questions.

I grow carnivorous plants for many years. Right now i have 27 species and subspecies in cultivation. Its a passion for me.

Botanix laval(mtl) Hydromax Que-pousse Laval

Guide botanix (french guide to our gardening center) Jardin d'interieurs(french magazine about gardening tips)

I work as warehouse director in a big gardening center in Montreal, Canada.