Carnivorous Plants/Nepenthes and Heliamphora on windowills.

Hello Francois!
My collecting is evergrowing and my plants are doing great. I've kind of put the highland terrarium idea to the side for a while and I want to concentrate on growing plants on windowsills.
Right now I got 7 Nepenthes growing in east and south facing windows, but I don't feel like it's enough! :P
I've looked into some different species that might do well on my windows, but before I run of and buy something I want to be as sure as I can get. And that's why I ask the expert (that's you).

Here are some of the plants that I've looked into:
Nepenthes truncata
Nepenthes vogelii
Nepenthes fusca
Nepenthes rafflesiana
Nepenthes veitchii
Nepenthes veitchii x lowii

The summer temps are about 26-28 during the day and 20-24 during the night. Winter temps are about 22-24 during the day and 19-20 during the night.
Humidity is about 40-60 %.
What nepenthes do you think would work the best and would you recommend some other species?
I've also thought about if it would be possible to grow heliamphora heterodoxa x minor in a south facing window?

Hello Otto

Sorry for my late reply, i was out of town.

For your heliamphora, yes you can on a south facing window. Mist the plant everyday if the relative humidity is low. And dont forget to acclimate your plant slowly.

For your nepenthes, now you have the virus! You will always want more plants. :-)
Summer or winter, you have lowland conditions, so indeed you need lowland or even ultra lowland.
All the species you mention will grow well under your conditions next to your window. For the veitchii, be sure to get the lowland one, because this specie can be found at highter elevations.
Again, if the RH% is too low, mist the neps 2-3 times a day.

In fact, all lowland species are good for your place.

Hope this help!

Carnivorous Plants

Francois Boulianne

I can answer many questions about carnivorous/protocarnivorous plants. How to grow them, how make them thrive in perfect growing conditions. I will answer english and french questions.

I grow carnivorous plants for many years. Right now i have 27 species and subspecies in cultivation. Its a passion for me.

Botanix laval(mtl) Hydromax Que-pousse Laval

Guide botanix (french guide to our gardening center) Jardin d'interieurs(french magazine about gardening tips)

I work as warehouse director in a big gardening center in Montreal, Canada.