Carnivorous Plants/Nepenthes Distilleria is looks kinda weird

I got the plant a while back, some time last year.  When I was repotting the plant last year, I think I perhaps cut some of its roots by accident during the repotting procedure.  I have attached a photo of the plant.  In a year the plant has not yet produce bigger leaves.  What do I need to do to get the plant back to normal?  Let me know if you need anything else.

General grow info:

Water= distilled
Humidity =40-90%
located in a grow tank.  

Temperature=80 degrees.

Weylin Callery

Hi Weylin,

Since you've had some root disturbance, you want to help those recover.  When you water, give it some Superthrive.  Follow the dosage for regular watering.  A very weak fertilizer; 1/8 tsp. per gallon, will help too.  Also, this plant is very much a lowlander, keep it warm and humid like you're doing.  It comes from Sri Lanka which is know to be very hot in lower elevations.

Good Growing!

Jeff Dallas
Sarracenia Northwest

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest

If your carnivorous plant is showing poor growth, discoloration, abnormal leaves or possible infestation, the expert growers at Sarracenia Northwest can help! They have a great depth of experience dealing with diseases, pathogens, and abnormal growth in carnivorous plants.

Before submitting your question, please read their care guides on their main website. Many issues can be addressed by simply adjusting your growing conditions as recommended in the care guides. Click here to read the care guides.

Over 8,800 questions answered since 2005!

Jeff and Jacob are owners and growers of Sarracenia Northwest. They've been in business since 1995. Watch their professionally produced DVDs, Grow Carnivorous Plants. It is a three-volume set that covers all aspects of carnivorous plant care. They literally show you how to be a successful grower!

No terrariums. No myths. No nonsense.
Just the straight facts from guys who grow and propagate
thousands of carnivorous plants each year.

Our focus is to help help growers diagnose a specific plant problem and offer solutions. For example:
  • Why is my sundew not producing dew?
  • Is now a good time to divide my Sarracenia?
  • Why are the traps turning black?
  • What's a good substitute for perlite?
  • Why didn't my seeds germinate?
  • How do you deal with pests?
  • Can you identify this carnivorous plant for me?
We no longer answer general, how-to questions that are already posted on our website or demonstrated in our DVDs. For general plant care, please read our care guides:

For business questions:

Youtube Facebook
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook!