Carnivorous Plants/Question about my seeds

I did what another expert told me to just leave the seeds alone and keep adding water,
Today I decided to see if these grew since they grow fast and I noticed there was white appearing on the Algae, nothing on the seedlings yet,but this morning the tray was completely dry!
Does Algae sometimes be white?
like I said its on the green growth but the seedlings have nothing on them yet.
I do not know if these seedlings grew to the point where nothing will bother them too much or if they are going to get covered and die!
A friend of mine has D Nidiformis seeds in the mail for me,with any luck my natalensis and nidiformis seeds will give me 2 heatlthy plants.

Hello Dennis,

Yes, some algae is colored white, but unfortunately, so are several species of fungus. If your seedlings have done well, you can try a partial transplant to clean soil by digging the seedlings out with a small plug of soil and simply moving it to another pot without disturbing their roots. Just use a small metal or plastic intrument to dig around the seedlings a good half inch in a square or circle around them and a good inch or two to ensure their roots are included, then indent a hole in a fresh pot of soil and place the seedlings in that. Hopefully the algae and fungus will be left behind.

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell

I am capable of answering questions about the most common carnivorous plants found in cultivation. I have no personal experience with Byblis, Drosophyllum, Aldrovanda, and Heliamphora. I have not cultivated gemmae forming pygmy sundews nor tuberous sundews. For information regarding those aforementioned species, I would suggest contacting other experts. I can answer questions regarding most species of Nepenthes, tropical and temperate Drosera, Mexican Pinguicula, Sarracenias, and Dionaea. I have some limited experience with growing Utricularia, Cephalotus, and Darlingtonia.

I have grown carnivorous plants off and on for about 27 years. I have made the same mistakes and suffered the same mishaps that many growers make as they attempt to separate the myths from the realities of growing these plants. Currently, I am successfully growing a variety of tropical sundews, a Nepenthes, several Venus Flytraps of varying ages, and Sarracenias. I have been successful in stratifying Sarracenia seeds and providing artificial dormancy requirements for my temperate plants when needed.

I hold a Master's degree in Educational Psychology. Over my lifetime, I have constantly read books involving the growing conditions of carnivorous plants. I hope to incorporate the educational aspects involved in psychology with teaching other people how to cultivate carnivorous plants.