Carnivorous Plants/Venus flytrap

Question
Hi I also got a Venus flytrap with a flower bud,I was wondering how to care for it during the flowering months.thanks

Answer
Hello Joseph,

Just keep doing whatever you are doing for the plant. The main thing to ensure regardless is that the plant gets full sunlight. That would be direct sun outside all day, not in a window or a shaded patio. Venus Flytraps are very dependent on high intensity light during the growing season.

After the flowers have blossomed, wait for them to dry out and blacken completely down the scape, then watch for the pods to begin to split open. Once that occurs, the plant is ready to release seeds. Clip the scape off and collect any seeds by crushing the dried out pods over a sheet of paper. Each pod can produce between 0-20 or so seeds which can be immediately dropped on sphagnum moss and kept moist. They will sprout within 2-6 weeks or so. I usually just drop the seeds around the parent plants, keeping them in the same conditions as the parents, and they grow without issue.

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell