Carnivorous Plants/D Natalensis seeds and D Nidiformis questions

Question
Hello,

You recently posted a question to Francois Boulianne in category Carnivorous Plants:

You can stop misting them a couple weeks after they sprout. Their roots will allow them to absorb water from the soil.
D Nidiformis seeds have roots at that point? how long are they a couple of weeks after they sprouted and I stop the daily mistings?
I am a little cautious getting them to another pot, I do not like that white and as soon as I steam more peat they are going to their own pots. will the seedling still continue growing and repair the root or will the plant be forced to make another root?
if I happen to damage a root retieving (D Natalensis) seedlings from the media what will happen? My D Natalensis seeds are seedlings making dewy leaves and I think I will be in trouble soon with Algae and want to put them in they're own pot but am afraid I will hit or damage a root trying to dig it up. Any advice when it comes to digging up natalensis seedlings without doing damage that might kill it?
These are still quite small,will putting them in their own pot make them start growing faster?
Unfortunately, Francois Boulianne could not answer your question. Your question has been moved to the question pool and may be picked up by other experts in that category. Feel free to repost your question to another expert by clicking on the link http://www.allexperts.com/el/Carnivorous-Plants/

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Allexperts.com

Answer
Seedlings tend to be early in their growth and have little additional energy to expend on additional regrowth. My experiences in seedlings is that root damage can easily result in losses. Just be careful and gentle, use small instruments, like toothpicks and small spoons, and dig up the plants in plugs of soil about 1/2 to 1 inch in radius around the plants.

They will not really grow faster, but will have space to grow out more as they become larger.

The seedlings will have roots when you see leaves forming. The root begins to form and burst out of the seed first, and make its way down into the soil. Shortly after that, the first leaves (cotyledons) will burst out and begin to grow upwards towards light. The roots are different sizes for each plant, but a good inch or two is always a safe guess as to root length for beginning seedlings ( I have seen some seedlings with longer roots).

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell