Carnivorous Plants/binata issue continued

Question
"Hi L'ster,

Thank-you for the photo.  That always helps.  I still wanted to know if this problem started after planting in your current planting media?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Good Growing!

Jeff Dallas"

Sorry, Jeff, thought I had answered this.  

No, the issue occurred well before repotting.  I actually unpotted it to check the roots because of the plant's decline.

Also can't remember how I did the "follow up" question last time.  Hence for what may very well show up as a brand new Q.

Answer
Jeff's away right now, so I'm taking over.  Unfortunately, I don't have access to your photo.  With that said, the one thing that stood out for me in your description was that you used copper wire to hold up the leaves.  Did you stake the wire into the soil?  If so, that may be the culprit.  Copper is toxic to plants of all types.  If copper is indeed the culprit, then your plant may survive if the damage to the roots wasn't too severe.  Only time will tell.  So based on what I was able to access from your previous messages, the copper is my best educated guess.

The other factor is dormancy.  Did your plant go dormant this past winter?  Some forms, such as dichotoma and t-form, tend to go dormant.  Without it, they tend to lose vigor in spring.  Even though they're classified as sub-tropical plants, they seem to need a short winter rest.  So this might be a factor too.

If this information is not at all accurate, please resubmit more information.  I know it's not your fault, but it does help us if you can resubmit all of the previous information too.  We read through a lot of questions, and it's difficult for us to remember what each person wrote previously.  It's also difficult for us on our end to have to look up information from previous messages.  I know it means more work on your part, but it also means we'll likely have all of the information readily available and have an easier time solving the problem for you.

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest