Carnivorous Plants/Drosera all red or all yellow ?

All red or all yellow
All red or all yellow  
Hey guys !

Well I got this all droseras all red in full spectrym t5HO light 14 hours day but is turning yellow not red not green..just yellow and horrible one. I dont know why this happen when I got two more with the same conditions and looks more red. So leting you know..i transplant all this babys but seems is not working but ehy tje Drosera Alba are veeeery green and beautiful in full light but the all red is turning yellow ?

I'm having a difficult time understanding your question.  But based on what I can understand, the plant is turning yellow because it's likely the temperature is too warm.  Drosera alba is native to the coastal mountains of South Africa.  They prefer cool, sunny conditions.  Yellowing is a sign that the temperature is too warm.  This is a common effect in summer.  In fall and winter, they will resume their normal coloration.

Good growing!
Jacob Farin

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest

If your carnivorous plant is showing poor growth, discoloration, abnormal leaves or possible infestation, the expert growers at Sarracenia Northwest can help! They have a great depth of experience dealing with diseases, pathogens, and abnormal growth in carnivorous plants.

Before submitting your question, please read their care guides on their main website. Many issues can be addressed by simply adjusting your growing conditions as recommended in the care guides. Click here to read the care guides.

Over 8,800 questions answered since 2005!

Jeff and Jacob are owners and growers of Sarracenia Northwest. They've been in business since 1995. Watch their professionally produced DVDs, Grow Carnivorous Plants. It is a three-volume set that covers all aspects of carnivorous plant care. They literally show you how to be a successful grower!

No terrariums. No myths. No nonsense.
Just the straight facts from guys who grow and propagate
thousands of carnivorous plants each year.

Our focus is to help help growers diagnose a specific plant problem and offer solutions. For example:
  • Why is my sundew not producing dew?
  • Is now a good time to divide my Sarracenia?
  • Why are the traps turning black?
  • What's a good substitute for perlite?
  • Why didn't my seeds germinate?
  • How do you deal with pests?
  • Can you identify this carnivorous plant for me?
We no longer answer general, how-to questions that are already posted on our website or demonstrated in our DVDs. For general plant care, please read our care guides:

For business questions:

Youtube Facebook
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook!