Carnivorous Plants/Insecticide imidacloprid by Bayer for Carnivorous plants

Which Bayer product do you recommend for Sarracenias, Nepehthes, Drosera etc. I can not find a product with just imidacloprid.
Here are my choices.

1) Bayer Advanced 3 in 1 Insect Disease & Mite Control:
2) Bayer Advanced Dual Action Rose and Flower Insect Killer:  

I know from your videos that Imidacloprid and Tebuconazole are recommended as a safe insecticide and fungicide. But they throw in Tau-Fluvalinate.

The second item is cheap, but what is B-cyfluthrin?

Thanks, Harry

Hi Harry,

The second product will get the job done safely.  The first, the 3 in 1, is helpful if you need the fungicide, but otherwise the Rose and Flower product is what we use generally.  Just be sure you follow the label directions for application.

Beta-Cyfluthrin is a synthetic pyrethroid (based on natural pyrethrins) that gives the product quick knock down since it's a nerve poison to insects.  The imidacloprid works much slower, yet is systemic, so it stays in the plant longer.

Tau-Fluvalinate is a synergist that makes the insecticides more effective.

Good Growing!

Jeff Dallas
Sarracenia Northwest

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest

If your carnivorous plant is showing poor growth, discoloration, abnormal leaves or possible infestation, the expert growers at Sarracenia Northwest can help! They have a great depth of experience dealing with diseases, pathogens, and abnormal growth in carnivorous plants.

Before submitting your question, please read their care guides on their main website. Many issues can be addressed by simply adjusting your growing conditions as recommended in the care guides. Click here to read the care guides.

Over 8,800 questions answered since 2005!

Jeff and Jacob are owners and growers of Sarracenia Northwest. They've been in business since 1995. Watch their professionally produced DVDs, Grow Carnivorous Plants. It is a three-volume set that covers all aspects of carnivorous plant care. They literally show you how to be a successful grower!

No terrariums. No myths. No nonsense.
Just the straight facts from guys who grow and propagate
thousands of carnivorous plants each year.

Our focus is to help help growers diagnose a specific plant problem and offer solutions. For example:
  • Why is my sundew not producing dew?
  • Is now a good time to divide my Sarracenia?
  • Why are the traps turning black?
  • What's a good substitute for perlite?
  • Why didn't my seeds germinate?
  • How do you deal with pests?
  • Can you identify this carnivorous plant for me?
We no longer answer general, how-to questions that are already posted on our website or demonstrated in our DVDs. For general plant care, please read our care guides:

For business questions:

Youtube Facebook
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook!