Carnivorous Plants/nepenthes rajah

Hi my name is Matt

and I need some help finding a nepenthes rajah plant.

I have shopped with you guys before.

And I was wondering if you guys had any in your nursery for sale or any cuttings you could send me for free ?

It is such an amazing plant but I can't find one anywhere.

If you know where I can find one please let me know

thank you

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, we don't have any N. rajah at this time, and we are not likely to anytime soon.  The reason for that is that they are painfully slow growing.

Matt, have you grown any Nepenthes as of yet?  It's really a good idea to get some experience growing easy species before you take on a plant like this that often frustrates experienced growers.  The running joke with Nepenthes rajah is that you'll be lucky if you live long enough to see it get to full size.

If you would like a very big Nepenthes that much easier to grow consider a plant such as N. truncata, lowland form.  Another easy big grower is N. x miranda, an easily obtainable hybrid with beautiful colors and pitchers that can get to 14 inches.

Good Growing!

Jeff Dallas
Sarracenia Northwest

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest

If your carnivorous plant is showing poor growth, discoloration, abnormal leaves or possible infestation, the expert growers at Sarracenia Northwest can help! They have a great depth of experience dealing with diseases, pathogens, and abnormal growth in carnivorous plants.

Before submitting your question, please read their care guides on their main website. Many issues can be addressed by simply adjusting your growing conditions as recommended in the care guides. Click here to read the care guides.

Over 8,800 questions answered since 2005!

Jeff and Jacob are owners and growers of Sarracenia Northwest. They've been in business since 1995. Watch their professionally produced DVDs, Grow Carnivorous Plants. It is a three-volume set that covers all aspects of carnivorous plant care. They literally show you how to be a successful grower!

No terrariums. No myths. No nonsense.
Just the straight facts from guys who grow and propagate
thousands of carnivorous plants each year.

Our focus is to help help growers diagnose a specific plant problem and offer solutions. For example:
  • Why is my sundew not producing dew?
  • Is now a good time to divide my Sarracenia?
  • Why are the traps turning black?
  • What's a good substitute for perlite?
  • Why didn't my seeds germinate?
  • How do you deal with pests?
  • Can you identify this carnivorous plant for me?
We no longer answer general, how-to questions that are already posted on our website or demonstrated in our DVDs. For general plant care, please read our care guides:

For business questions:

Youtube Facebook
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook!