Carnivorous Plants/Is this venus fly trap?

venus fly trap???
venus fly trap???  
Is this venus fly trap?
I bought venus fly trap from ebay,then i use some of my orchid's moss as medium.I didn't realise that the moss contain fertiliser back then.Does venus fly trap grow in such away if get fertilised? I am very new to this plant and don't have any experience.

Hello Yui,

That is not a Venus Flytrap. A Venus Flytrap would die within a few weeks after being fertilized. I do not know what kind of plant that is, but it appears to be a non-carnivorous shrub or bush of some kind. Next time, buy from a well known distributor. Many people will take advantage if someone does not know what they are really buying.  

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell

I am capable of answering questions about the most common carnivorous plants found in cultivation. I have no personal experience with Byblis, Drosophyllum, Aldrovanda, and Heliamphora. I have not cultivated gemmae forming pygmy sundews nor tuberous sundews. For information regarding those aforementioned species, I would suggest contacting other experts. I can answer questions regarding most species of Nepenthes, tropical and temperate Drosera, Mexican Pinguicula, Sarracenias, and Dionaea. I have some limited experience with growing Utricularia, Cephalotus, and Darlingtonia.

I have grown carnivorous plants off and on for about 27 years. I have made the same mistakes and suffered the same mishaps that many growers make as they attempt to separate the myths from the realities of growing these plants. Currently, I am successfully growing a variety of tropical sundews, a Nepenthes, several Venus Flytraps of varying ages, and Sarracenias. I have been successful in stratifying Sarracenia seeds and providing artificial dormancy requirements for my temperate plants when needed.

I hold a Master's degree in Educational Psychology. Over my lifetime, I have constantly read books involving the growing conditions of carnivorous plants. I hope to incorporate the educational aspects involved in psychology with teaching other people how to cultivate carnivorous plants.